Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mantikore, Level 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mantikore

Mantikore, Level 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Mantikore, Level 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter   Mantikore, Level 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:54 pm

COPIED FROM http://elation-sunstrider.enjin.com/forum/m/2120400/viewthread/1348703-mantikore-level-85-survivalmarksmanship-hunter

Section 1: About You

Name: Pedro
Do you have Teamspeak & a working mic: Yes, I do.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a 35 year old Portuguese male individual, living in Lisbon. I work as Software Developer.

How do you handle constructive criticism?
As an opportunity to improve. I've always strive to be on top of my game, I have no assumption that I'm the best player of the world, so any chance I have to learn something new, I take it.

Elation is a guild with a fairly dark sense of humour, a lot of inter-guild banter and cussing. Are you able to both give and take banter and not be offended by harsh language?
Are you fucking kidding me? Razz

What motivates you to do well in this game?
I play WoW because I really enjoy the game. It relaxes me from day-to-day stress. Therefore, what really makes me tick is playing with friendly, mature people, whilst bringing down those bosses as a team. Being top on meters is also a big thing for me (bad habit from my hardcore times ^^).

Do you have any friends in Elation? If not, is there anyone outside the guild that could vouch for you?
Not that I'm aware of.

Describe your general raiding availability/playing times
I used to play hardcore, raid 6 days a week and play 14h a day. Not anymore, tho. I just came back from a summer vacation and I don't raid since May, so I don't have my gametime schedules put together for WoW, and thus I'm applying as Social Member.

Section 2: About Your Character
Name: Mantikore
Class: Hunter
Server: Sunstrider
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Mantikore/advanced

Please be certain you log out in your desired RAIDING spec and in PvE gear. If you do not have a recent parse available, we will likely ask additional questions.

What previous guilds have you been in? Explain your reasons for leaving and any other information you wish to share about your previous guilds.
I started playing back in late Vanilla as a Warlock but then TBC came out and I rerolled an Hunter. I then joined a guild called GIMP in Magtheridon Server. I stayed there for the entire duration of TBC and we cleared everything up to Illidan pre 2.3 patch. When 2.3 came out we cleared Illidan but never managed to raid SWP. After that, WotlK came out and I became an officer in GIMP. We cleared all pre-Ulduar content with most important achievements at that time.

3 weeks before Ulduar I was invited by a IRL friend to play in Apathy (Outland server). They were world 40th at the time, so I decided to give it a try since the raiding progression was way better than GIMP's. Those were my best raiding memories, since at that time, I was rated among the top 30 hunters in the world (28th to be precise). I managed to clear all Ulduar HC's and achiefs, with several realm firsts and a few top 10 world kills. However, by the end of Ulduar, I had a RL issue that made me quit WoW for a while (I got divorced and naturally wasn't able to keep focus on the game). Hence, I stopped playing for a while. When I came back in June 2009, I rerolled restoration druid and got a few more realm firsts (Algalon, Insanity, etc) on Trial of the (Grand) Crusade.

Later on I went back to Magtheridon server just before Blizzard made a FCM out of that server (turned to PVE server) and I came to Sunstrider like most the players and guilds there. I was still playing my druid as feral tank and boomkin and then Cataclysm came out. I decided to make a 10 man guild with a few friends and was the GM, Raid Leader and MT of the guild. The guild is called Pewssycat Trolls and we managed to clear 12/12 normal (Pre-FL content) on that guild. We then decided to merge with a 25 man guild called PWN in order to raid 25 man and get better progress and I went back to my Hunter. We progressed until 5/13hc but the guild didn't manage to raid 25 man so we could say the merge failed. Summer came and did the rest to kill the raiding spirit.

Section 3: General Questions

What stats do you prioritize? Why?
Agility, because it is by far the best stat for Hunters.

Justify the talent, glyph, gem, enchant, reforging, and any additional optimisation choices you have made. Take your time to demonstrate proper class knowledge when addressing this question.
At the time I stopped raiding, both my talent trees were the best specs for hunter according to every site of theorycrafting (I check Elitist Jerks, mostly).

What consumables do you use? Please include food, flasks and potions.
Agility Food and Flasks, Potion of Tol'Vir.

Tell us about your ability rotation or priority. Go into detail where possible to explain how you maintain an effective performance of your role in special circumstances.
Well, hunter isn't that complicated. Keep your sting up, fire Kill Shot whenever available, Explosive/Chimaera 2nd and then the filler (Cobra/Steady). Might throw a few arcanes here and there as a dump. Oh and don't forget Kill Command ofc.

What's your previous raid experience? Include all experience in previous expansions remembering to tell us what you did as relevant content and what you cleared in later patches.

Vanilla: Haven't raided at all, however I had a Warlock back then on Magtheridon server.
TBC: Cleared everything up to Illidan on my Hunter pre 2.3 patch. All but SWP after the 2.3 patch. Cleared SWP after WotLK. All on Magtheridon server.
WotLK:
Pre-Ulduar (3.0) - Cleared everything in WotLK, including Glory of the Raider and Heroic Glory of the Raider. Have Immortal, Undying, Twilight Vanquisher and of The Nightfall titles.
Ulduar (3.1) - Cleared Ulduar on first reset. Have GOTUR in both 10 and 25 man and also Observed and Realm First! Celestial Defender.
Crusader's Coliseum: Cleared ToC 10/25 and ToGC 10/25, with insanity on both 10 and 25 man (also realm first).
Onyxia's Lair: 10/25 man cleared.
Icecrown Citadel: Cleared ICC 10 and 25 man. ICC 25 HM 11/12 and ICC 10 HM 12/12.
Ruby Sanctum: 10/25 man cleared.
Cataclysm: BwD, BoT and To4W 12/12 normal cleared. 5/13 hc cleared (Halfus, Magmaw, Maloriak, Chimaeron and Atramedes).

What's your favorite raid encounter in all of WoW? Why?
Kael'Thas. Epic fight, many phases, all of them hard as fuck! Oh those where the days... Illidan was also awesome and Mu'ru was prolly the hardest fight I did (altho I did it only a few times on pugs) Razz

What do you feel is your greatest asset as a raider? In other words, why should we recruit you instead of this other guy over here.
The ability to produce higher numbers than most players on my class and spec whilst staying alive. I know that topping meters is not everything, but alongside with survivability it is one of the most important things in highend raiding imo. Also, and to be 100% honest, I'm not one of those players that "reads" into a new fight on first try. I usually take a few wipes to fully understand where to stand, who to heal/dps and how. However, I'm a very fast learner and after those few wipes, I most likely won't ever do a mistake again.

Provide a screenshot of your UI.
Mantikore, Level 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter Ssforapps

Link us to any combat logs showing us your raid performance (World of Logs, WoW Meter Online, etc). Including this will greatly help your application.
I don't raid since May, hence I have none, sorry... Sad

Tell us a joke. Any joke!
Why did the black chicken cross the road? To get to the "DARK SIDE"! Razz

Any additional information you'd like us to know?

I also have the following level 85 chars:
DK (Blood/Unholy): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Mantihero/advanced
Druid (Feral/Resto): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Honorioof/advanced
Paladin (Holy/Protection): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Mantidin/advanced
Shaman (Restoration/Elemental): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Senjiin/advanced
Warlock (Destruction/Affliction): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Guldann/advanced

I'd like to thank you for taking time to read my application and mention again that this is a Social Member application.
Cheers.
Manti

Back to top Go down

Mantikore, Level 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter
Page 1 of 1