Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shugi3

Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED] Empty
PostSubject: Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED]   Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 3:31 pm

About You
Name: Anders Pedersen
Ventrilo: Have vent installed
Working Mic: Yes brand new headset, my 3 year old son ruined my old beloved headset Crying or Very sad

Tell us a little about yourself.
: I live in vejle, denmark, im currently unemployed wish is hopefully only for a short while. This leave me with alot of sparetime to play. Im a trained Firefighter and my latest job was as a First-aid instructer. I keep myself in shape by running and biking 3-4 times a week, this also help me to keep focused in a long raid.

How do you handle constructive criticism?
Constructive criticism is allways welcome, best way to learn.

What motivates you to do well in this game?
Nothing feels better then to down something that you have been working hard at. i Will never forget when we downed 3d 10 man after wiping there for weeks, that feeling is adictive.

Do you have any friends in Elation? If not, is there anyone outside the guild that could vouch for you?
Ive played for some years on this server and have come in contact with many players in my time as GM of unity so i might know a player or 2 in the guild that i just dont know are playing here Smile other then that no.

Are you able to make our raid times each night? We require high attendance to accommodate our short schedule and small raiding team
ill keep an attendence of 95% will need to be something big to keep me away from raids

Tell us a joke. Any joke!
Two Irish guys are fishing. The first guy reels in his line and sees that he’s snagged an old bottle. As he’s taking it off the hook, a genie pops out and promises to grant him one wish. “Turn the lake into beer,” he says. The genie goes “Poof!” and the lake turns into beer. He says to the other guy, “So what do you think?” The other guy says, “You jerk. Now we’ve got to piss in the boat.

About Your Character
Name: Shugi
Class: Warrior
Server: Sunstrider
Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Shugi/simple

Please be certain you log out in your desired RAIDING spec and in PvE gear. If you do not have a recent parse available, we will likely ask additional questions.

Why are you parting ways with your current guild?
Took a break after wotlk and havent found a guild yet in cata.

General Questions
What stats do you prioritize? Why?
mastery since its not effected by deminishing returns, then dodge since there so much parry on items that i have to reforge into dodge to even them out, again needed due to diminishing returns. hit and expertise is not needed for my class atm.

What Glyphs are you currently using and why?
ShieldSlam, revenge, and devistate, by far the 3 best prime glyphs for prot warriors
cleave, shockweave, thunder clap, this is mainly a personal pref, the sockweave is for faster stun and threat.

Why did you choose your current Gems and Enchants?
ive followed a number of guides and they are pretty much agreeing that the enchants and gems im wearing are BiS

What are your professions? Why?
BS/mining, well all proffesions are pretty much balanced so not a big gain to catch here, but i might drop mining for JC since i can benefit some mastery with JC instead of the stam from mining.

What consumables do you use? Why? Please include food, flasks and potions.
steelskin, lavascale ministrone for progression bosses, will use post for farm.

Tell us about your ability rotation or priority.
Single target: SB->SS-> 2x dev to proc SnB --> rest is basicly on proc and put up rend when theres no proc rdy and 3 sunders are up, then Tc and demo shout. On bosses i usually pop recklessness to gain some initial agro unless im told not to.

What's your previous raid experience?
In vanilla i did up to 3rd boss in BWL on my priest
In TBC i also raided on my priest with a few server first was not on sunstrider tho, i took a break when BT came out.
In wrath i was GM of Unity in ealy days of wrath, some might know the guild, we where decent but dident last as long as i would have liked. 5 bosses down in ulduar 25 man on release night.
In cata i have 3/7 FL

What's your favorite raid encounter in all of WoW? Why?
3D, was really hard but also fun to play, a big challenge on 10 man and only a few managed it pre speedkills.

What do you feel is your greatest asset as a raider? In other words, why should we recruit you instead of this other guy over here.
Im allways 100% prepared for a raid, im patient and i know when to stfu and when to give my 5 cent worth of knowledge, my knowledge to my class could be more indeapth since ive lvl´ed him here in cata but im working on it and hopefully getting better.

Any additional information you'd like us to know?
If theres anything ive left out then plaese give me a whisper ingame and i will be ready to answer.
My alts are called Protouch (priest) was named tretten in unity,
And alioth (hunter)

Thx for reading my app and i look forward to hear from you Smile
Back to top Go down
Stanza
Admin
Stanza

PostSubject: Re: Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED]   Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi, thanks for your application.

Couple of quick questions... you say you'll have 95% attendance - which is nice to hear - but just a heads up; we're running 2 tanks at the mo, so there will be some rotating going on. We keep the rotations fair, so you'll be raiding as much as the other tanks of course... but will sitting out be something you're ok with?

You say you rolled your character in cataclysm (as did i Smile ) - which isn't a problem, but do you feel comfortable enough with the warrior class to be tanking Firelands heroics? Since that's what we're aiming to move in to. Your answers suggest that you are... but i'd like to hear if you think you're confident enough to jump right into heroics.

If you can get back to me on those points & lemme know your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://elation2.omgforum.net
shugi3

PostSubject: Re: Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED]   Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:32 pm

I dont mind to be in a rotation at all, its obvious that you have to have 3 tank in a raidsquad since one can get sick or need to be afk for some reason.

I am confident enought to go into heroic content, but my exp is somewhat limited by the fact that ive only killed 3 bosses. Im a fast learner so it shouldent became a bit issue. Just something for you to be aware of.

Back to top Go down
Futton

Futton

PostSubject: Re: Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED]   Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:22 pm

To add to what Deen said about tank rotations, you will of course have to understand that a fair few Firelands heroics are 1-tank fights (Rhyolith, Baleroc, Majordomo), and when progressing on these bosses we may choose to use a constant tank throughout. This could mean either needing to be present for every raid or no raids at all during progress on a particular boss. Blizzard's shit design, yeah, but not much we can do about it.

Overall, I like your application and I think you have a good overall knowledge of what you're doing. Of course, I can't see your situational capability and awareness until I see you in a raid, and I wonder what they're gonna be like given the character's a reroll, I know the feeling having also rerolled tank recently. Your experience, and furthermore experience is a warrior, does fall short of ideal, but I don't see it as a barrier.

I'd like to see you on trial.
Back to top Go down
Stanza
Admin
Stanza

PostSubject: Re: Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED]   Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Going to offer you a trial spot.

Contact either myself, Futton or Xpsr ingame for an invite Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elation2.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED]   Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shugi Prot warrior application [ACCEPTED]
Page 1 of 1