Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ocen

Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED] Empty
PostSubject: Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED]   Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:17 pm

u]About You[/u]
Name: Morten Larsen
Teamspeak: I do have Teamspeak
Working Mic: Yes

Tell us a little about yourself.
I Live in Denmark in a small town called Aalborg and i work with cars in the daytime and ofc play wow when i come home from work Very Happy

How do you handle constructive criticism?
Normal i kick the person butt and rape him afterworth.. lol nope i normal listen to the criticism and if its something i can use i think about it and if its just bullshit it only goes one way, into left ear and out of right ear.

What motivates you to do well in this game?
In raids it motivates me if i see some progress on dif encounters to a final kill.

Do you have any friends in Elation? If not, is there anyone outside the guild that could vouch for you?
Indietro an old guild m8 from my times on Sunstrider back in Wrath

Are you able to make our raid times each night? We require high attendance to accommodate our short schedule and small raiding team
YEs ofc i am

Tell us a joke. Any joke!
Two balloons are floating across the desert. One balloon says to the other: "Look out for the cactussssssssssss!"

About Your Character
Name: Ocen
Class: Death Knight
Server: Azjol-Nerub
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/azjol-nerub/Ocen/advanced

Please be certain you log out in your desired RAIDING spec and in PvE gear. If you do not have a recent parse available, we will likely ask additional questions.

Why are you parting ways with your current guild?
Well my current guild is my own Guildbank for gold etc but my guild history
Demarcoscave - Azjol Nerub falled apart during ICC in Wrath.
Fused - Sunstrider Dispanded and moved to Tarren Mill.
Semantic - Sunstrider the leftovers from Fused that rejoined.
End of Decency - Enonar end of Wrath 12 ppl desided to move on and start 10man raiding but with some internal issues the guild falled apart.
Demarcoscave - Azjol-Nerub not for long time because the 25man team falled apart in cataclysm.
Refresh - Azjol Nerub my own Guild i use as Storage of gold and stuffs..

General Questions
What stats do you prioritize? Why?
Hit to cap >Strenght >Haste > Mastery

What Glyphs are you currently using and why?
Prime Glyphs : Glyph of Frost Strike reduce the RP cost = One of my Main attacks.
Glyph of Howling Blast infect my target with frost fever
Glyph of obliterate inc dmg done by 20%
Major Glyphs is more like what u like to use and whats needed for dif fights. but glyph of AMS is always good.

Why did you choose your current Gems and Enchants?
I gem strenght and normal use best enchants, but sometime i use cheap enchants because if i see its a item i might have to upgrade..

What are your professions? Why?
Blacksmitting 525 = 2x sockets
Jewelcrafting 525 = 3 JC gems 67strenght each.

What consumables do you use? Why? Please include food, flasks and potions.
Strenght buff food and strenght pots and 300str flasks.

Tell us about your ability rotation or priority.
Obliterate is my main attack, so i use it when i can and when KM procs when i dont have runes for Obliterate i use my RP on Frost strike, and when Rime procs i use Howling Blast, and apply Blood plague on with plague strike if outbreak is on cd.

What's your previous raid experience?
did not play back in vanila because i did not wanted to pay for a game but tryed it the full free month back in TBC and got addicted from day one..
I started my Raiding in Demarcoscave, they were top guild on the realm at that time.

I have played Warlock - Druid and Hunter. i started back in TBC as hunter but got borred of it so changed to Death Knight at the Wrath hitting live servers.. i have raided with my Druid and warlock during Cataclysm also in Firelands

Wrath of the Lich King

Naxx 10/25man Cleared
OS 10/25man Cleared
EoE 10/25man Cleared
Ulduar 10/25man Cleared - Glory of the ulduar raider 10/25man done.
ToC 10/25man normal Cleared
ToC HC 25man 4/5 Cleared
ToC HC 10man 5/5 Cleared Insanity.
Onyxia 10/25man Cleared
ICC 10/25man Normal Cleared
ICC 10man HC 12/12 Cleared - Glory of the Icecrown Raider done.
ICC 25man HC 11/12 Cleared - Glory of the Icecrown Raider done.
RS 25man Normal Cleared
RS 10man Normal Cleared
RS HC 10man Cleared

Cataclysm.

BwD 6/6 Normal 3/6 HC done though i have 4/6 on my Warlock
BoT 4/4 Normal 2/5 HC done
Tot4w 2/2 Normal

Firelands 4/7 Normal Cleared Though have 7/7 on my Warlock.

What's your favorite raid encounter in all of WoW? Why?
Professor Putricide Heoric mode i like that fight.

What do you feel is your greatest asset as a raider? In other words, why should we recruit you instead of this other guy over here.
Dedication, commitment and the right attitude towards guild, im not a slacker. i always meet up to Raids well prepered with flask/food/pots etc So now u know why u should recruit me. Smile

Any additional information you'd like us to know?
Im not the biggest Writer but if u have something to ask me about feel free to do so and i will try answer it as good i can.
Back to top Go down
Radzi
Admin
Radzi

PostSubject: Re: Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED]   Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Hey mate thanks for the app,

Overall it looks good, you seem like a decent bloke and you have some nice raid experiance. Application was a little bare in places, but nothing major to worry about. You seem to know your class well.

We are currently in need of a full time melee dps with a tank offspec. Which one of these rolls do you prefer? Which one would you say you were a better player at?
Back to top Go down
Ocen

PostSubject: Re: Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED]   Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:06 pm

Radzi wrote:
Hey mate thanks for the app,

Overall it looks good, you seem like a decent bloke and you have some nice raid experiance. Application was a little bare in places, but nothing major to worry about. You seem to know your class well.

We are currently in need of a full time melee dps with a tank offspec. Which one of these rolls do you prefer? Which one would you say you were a better player at?

Well i can play both rolls, so if i need to tank i do so, if i should dps i do that. im a pretty much all around i play whats best for the raid and setup.
Back to top Go down
Radzi
Admin
Radzi

PostSubject: Re: Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED]   Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:06 pm

Ok thanks, will have a chat with the other officers and get back to you soon
Back to top Go down
shugi3

PostSubject: re dk app   Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:25 pm

the first thing i look for when i see someone applying is his gemming/enchanting since its shows if he knows what the prio of his class´ stats are and on that note i have a few questions.

you say you are going for str over haste yet you have 50 haste on bracers and not str.
theres a 65 crit ench on cloak yet you have 50.
when the socket bonus is str you allways want to go for it as frost dk yet you have fail to do so on chest, gloves and belt.

you are two-handed frost wich is not to be prefered, this is ofc something that you dont have much control over short of doing trash runs or farm AH wich is not allway possible.

this might come of as a dicky reply but you stated in your app that you where open to constructive criticism and if anything i find this very constructive and easy to fix for the most part.

and Ålborg is not a small town, not in a danish scale atleast Smile

if you have some knowledge on frost dks that ive failed to notice you are welcome to tell me why you have done the way you have and ill ofc take it back since im no frost dk and have never been.

Back to top Go down
Ocen

PostSubject: Re: Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED]   Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:23 pm

shugi3 wrote:
the first thing i look for when i see someone applying is his gemming/enchanting since its shows if he knows what the prio of his class´ stats are and on that note i have a few questions.

you say you are going for str over haste yet you have 50 haste on bracers and not str.
theres a 65 crit ench on cloak yet you have 50.
when the socket bonus is str you allways want to go for it as frost dk yet you have fail to do so on chest, gloves and belt.

you are two-handed frost wich is not to be prefered, this is ofc something that you dont have much control over short of doing trash runs or farm AH wich is not allway possible.

this might come of as a dicky reply but you stated in your app that you where open to constructive criticism and if anything i find this very constructive and easy to fix for the most part.

and Ålborg is not a small town, not in a danish scale atleast Smile

if you have some knowledge on frost dks that ive failed to notice you are welcome to tell me why you have done the way you have and ill ofc take it back since im no frost dk and have never been.

Well if u read my application then u would have noticed that i wrote i do take cheap enchants on some items because i know they are gonne be upgraded, for heroic etc u name it.. it dont do that much a dif with 65 /50 crit on cloak, because crit is the lowest stat dks have to go for.. but for the haste on my Bracers is pretty fail but it will be changed.

About weapon choise, yes i know that 2hand aint the best dps wice because it got nerfed but with that said, its the spec i like to play because of the flow of RP and runes cd, insteed of waiting on runes and no RP on the Dual wielding spec. but with the 2set bonus of T12 u get a RP a low amount of RP lwhen u use your Horn. i used to play Dual Wield, but it did not fit me. maby it have changed sins i tryed it last time..

Hope ive answered on your as you say your self dicky reply on my application.. but if u read the first 10 words in my application under How do you handle constructive criticism? u know whats comming Very Happy Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
shugi3

PostSubject: Re: Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED]   Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:25 am

aight m8 i think ive made my point so ill let you alone now Smile

GL with your app m8 Cool
Back to top Go down
Shafraya

Shafraya

PostSubject: Re: Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED]   Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 pm

Ocen wrote:

How do you handle constructive criticism?
Normal i kick the person butt and rape him afterworth.. lol nope i normal listen to the criticism and if its something i can use i think about it and if its just bullshit it only goes one way, into left ear and out of right ear.

Can you explain to me why it goes in the left and out the right for you? Most top theroycrafted are saying you should be taking constructive criticism in the right ear and out the left ear for more DPS.

Also +1 to what Shugi is saying. Not really any excuse for using subpar enchants, should always be trying to be the best you can be.

Don't know why you don't just have 65 crit on your cloak anyway (yes I know crit sucks but its better than 50)
Back to top Go down
Stanza
Admin
Stanza

PostSubject: Re: Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED]   Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi, thanks for your app.

Unfortunately, I won't be offering you a trial spot on this occasion. The app itself wasn't bad, but a few things you said, such as not wanting to play DW, along with sub-optimal enchants made me a little hesitant.

We also trialled the other DK applicant last night in a raid and he performed well, so we've decided to take him in.

Best of luck out there finding another guild.
Back to top Go down
http://elation2.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED]   Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frost/Blood Death Knight DPS X-Realm Application [DECLINED]
Page 1 of 1