Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED]

Go down 
+2
Futton
Kaiton
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaiton

Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED] Empty
PostSubject: Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED]   Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:58 am

About You
Name: Kevin
Teamspeak: No, but its easy enough to Dl
Working Mic: Yes

Tell us a little about yourself.
I have been playing MMO's for 8 years now, all the way back to everquest, Final Fantasy11, Aion, Rift, WoW, at some point or another ive tryed them all. I had played with the same group of people for most of them years. Sadly due to my rl i am no longer able to play on North American servers and had to quit raiding with them about 2 weeks ago now. Outside of the interweb lands im a studying to be a games designer, im a avid football fan never miss a game on tv and try go any chance i get. I'm also married have been for 6 years in september. I have a hamster named house and normaly if i go afk its because he has escaped again. On a side not i have a habbit of typing wordls like "teh liek" i have tryed to correct them all on this application but in normaly chat i dont notice for some reason.

How do you handle constructive criticism?
In a Game that is changing so much ay infomation good or bad is always welcome.

What motivates you to do well in this game?
I have been asked this many time before and always come back to the same answer, I want to do well in the game for the people i play with, after so many years of playing with the same people and haveing a few new ppl come in here and there. I know how important it is for everyone to be on the ball, So in short i want to do well for the people i raid with so we can have fun while raiding and not getting stressed or frustarted because i cant get it right.

Do you have any friends in Elation? If not, is there anyone outside the guild that could vouch for you?
I do not know any one on the Eu servers at all, only people who could vouch for me is few my buddies i still talk to.

Are you able to make our raid times each night? We require high attendance to accommodate our short schedule and small raiding team
Yes, there is no problem i am used to raiding tue, weds, thrus, fri, sun, mon 1am~6am.

Tell us a joke. Any joke!
A paladin sits down at a bar next to a warlock. The paladin taps the warlock on the shoulder. "What?" the warlock asks. "How about you conjure me up something to drink?" replies the paladin. The warlock looks at the paly incredulously and says "Man, have you got the wrong guy," and returns to drinking his beer in silence. The paly, undaunted, taps the warlock on the shoulder again and says, "Well then, how about you conjure me up something to eat then?". The warlock, getting a little annoyed now says "If I cant conjure you up something to drink, what the HELL makes you think I can conjure you something to eat??". The warlock goes back to drinking in a huff and sure enough, the paly taps him on the shoulder one more time. "I'm sorry," he says "but I thought you could do something for someone other then yourself." The warlock takes a sip of his beer, turns toward the paly and smashes the bottle over his head. Bleeding on the floor the warlock says "Oh I'm sorry I thought you could tank!"

About Your Character
Name: Kaiton
Class: Mage
Server: Sunstrider
Armory:eu.battle net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Kaiton/advanced[url][/url]

Please be certain you log out in your desired RAIDING spec and in PvE gear. If you do not have a recent parse available, we will likely ask additional questions.

Why are you parting ways with your current guild?
My old guild over on NA servers understand and have left the door open for me incase my situation ever changes. As for on sunstrider the guild i am in is for mine and my wifes alts

General Questions
What stats do you prioritize? Why?
As i play arcane atmo as its the flavour of the expasions i go for Int>Hit>Mastery. Int is obviusly our strongest stat, after hit cap i reforge any haste i have into mastery. I leave crit alone as at this stage in gear i still need that bit extra to stack on top with Arcane potency.

What Glyphs are you currently using and why?
Arcane missiles, Arcane blast, Mage armor. Arcane blast as its my main spell, and missiles as it will be used more over arcane barrage in my conserve phase. Mage armor adds the extra 20% mana regen and as a arcane mage mana is dps.

Why did you choose your current Gems and Enchants?
I choose them purely on they give me the highest stats boost.

What are your professions? Why?
Jewlcrafting, Good source of income and 67int gems are pretty tasty to have, Inscription, Honestly main reason i choose this was because i had 6 geared alts on my NA account and im litraly sick and tired of therazane and deepholm so i did it for the shoulder enchant.

What consumables do you use? Why? Please include food, flasks and potions.
I use severed sage fish head, Voclcano potion and flask of draconic mind. All give me massive INt boost and the potions are nice for Bloodlust/Timewarp burn stage.

Tell us about your ability rotation or priority.
I have 2 phases, Burn phase and conserve phase. The burn phase is pretty much when ever i have Evocation up. Its pretty much pop Arcane powers and if mirror image is up pop that as well, Pop of about 6 arcane blasts to drop the mana down a bit the use mana gem for the extra mana and sp, after about 4 more blasts pop arcane torrent for more mana. Drain my mana down to about 20% then hit evocation. Now when evocation is on cd i go into my conserve phase. Pretty much keeping between 90%-95% mana, i do this by using arcane blast upto 4 stacks or if i dont get an arcane missiles proc by then i may risk 1 or 2 more dpending on where my mana is. If it procs ill use missiles and repeat, if it doesnt ill pop a arcane barrage to try force proc it. ill keep this rotation up until Evocation is off cd and then ill go back into burn phase. The only time i will not burn straight away is if we have a phase change coming up or its close to bloodlust time. I am exp in Fire but i have not played it much since 4.1 hit.

What's your previous raid experience?
Not on this toon as i litraly made it up 2 weeks ago, But in wrath i was the main tank on my paladin for Naxx/Ulduar and i full cleared this. For Toc i went heals and was 5/5 ToGC. When ICC hit we needed more dps and i switched to my hunter and went 12/12 i did not do any hardmodes at this tim ebecause i took a rl break. When cata hit i was convinced ot come back, i went 8/13HM on my hunter and 7/7. The guild i was in is 13/13HM 6/7HM so i was with a high caliber of player. Just time zones was a big problem fo rme ot get into th elater HMs as it was really late, and a tired raider make mistakes so i didnt mind sitting as i was there to have fun. I have done very raid 60/70 but not at 60/70

What's your favorite raid encounter in all of WoW? Why?
Can not narrow it down to one, but ulduar is my fav. just the lore and they way it was presented. It felt very epic, other than in Final Fantasy 11 i had yet to find a game that i got goosebumps when i killed the final boss.

What do you feel is your greatest asset as a raider? In other words, why should we recruit you instead of this other guy over here.
I am a avid gamer, i learn quick, i am a team player never worried about gear as that comes with raiding be it in 1 week or 1 month. I have a fair amount of exp raiding. I know my gear is lacking but im trying to sort that out fast. Its just hard because every shout in trade chat people want achivements, i would gladly give them but they are in a totaly dif time zone. In short if im given the chance u wont be disapointed. Here is my armoury to my hunter us.battle net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Catsumi/advanced .The main reason i went from a hunter to a mage was because my main alt was a mage and i honestly enjoy PVE and PVP more on my mage.

Any additional information you'd like us to know?
Honestly think i covered it all in my posts above. if there is anything else u need to know just ask. Due to the no link thing for 7 days i seperated the urls and the battle net point

Last edited by Kaiton on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Futton

Futton

PostSubject: Re: Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED]   Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:15 pm

A solid and impressive application. I too started raiding on NA servers and switched over for RL reasons, so I can relate to this situation a little, I understand your character is a little behind on gear at the moment, which is kind of irritating being that many of Firelands' hardmodes seem to come down to "gear check", and we're already a tad undergeared as a guild. But as you say, there's not a huge amount you can do about that, and frankly I'd rather recruit a good standard of player that needs a bit of gear than a retard in heroic purples, you seem the former. The app came across a tad formal, which I guess is an appropriate tone for an application but I hope you have a true English sense of humour and banter too, it's pretty much required to survive here ^_^

In short: I like this. My only reservation is literally your class. Working you into a roster may take a little work, but from this, it may well be worth it. Going to have a few words with some others, and we'll get back to you shortly!

Deen/Kev/Alex if you read this, drop me a line and we'll discuss this.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi

Tenshi

PostSubject: Re: Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED]   Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Just accept him so I can bash him for misspelling.

p.s Impressive application, get the ZA shoulders and probably Soul Casket and reforge some other stats into hit to make up for the hit loss, should be a minor upgrade though. There is still a bit of tweaking and gearing you can do outside of Firelands.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Kaiton

PostSubject: Re: Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED]   Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:24 pm

I know how much a app can do for a place in a guild as i used to co run a guild so i always try make them as good as can be to give a good first impression. As for having a laugh, well yeah im used to being the brunt of jokes as i was the only EU in a 25man rading guild with normaly 40ish raidiers on at a time, so i had to have agood sense of humor or i would never have survived as u say lol.

As for trying to fit me in, ill totaly understand if u can not accept my application as i knew u was full on dps from ur recruitment sticky but thought what the hell whats the worst that can happen. I dont want to be "That guy" that may cost some one a raiding spot.

As for spelling mistakes. Lets put it this way over the years when ever a new person came into the guild/linkshell/legion and typed like me most people would shout "OMG CAT SOME ONE ELSE SPEAKS UR LANGUGE". Catsumi had been my name for like 7 years over many mmos, so every one knows me as cat even my mother and wife lol.
Back to top Go down
Shafraya

Shafraya

PostSubject: Re: Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED]   Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:05 am

Yo dog how are you man.

WOO ENGLAND
Back to top Go down
Stanza
Admin
Stanza

PostSubject: Re: Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED]   Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:33 am

Hi Kevin, thanks for your application... was a good read :-)

Luckily, a mage spot has just opened up. So we can fit you in. I do warn you, we do have a fairly full roster at the mo - so you may be on standby every now and then. We do rotate people to try and keep it as fair as possible. But as previously mentioned, the application has given a top impression, and I think it's definitely worth trying to jig a few things around to get you in for a trial.

Not a great deal to add on top of what's already been said, experience is spot on - hopefully you can help us with a thing or two on Rag! :-)

So yeah, I'm happy to get you in for a trial... just get those final bits of gear sorted asap.
Contact either myself, Futton, Xpsr or Radzi ingame for an invite!
Back to top Go down
http://elation2.omgforum.net
Kaiton

PostSubject: Re: Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED]   Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:15 am

WoW Thanks for such a quick reply and decsion, i will be spamming ZA/ZG again today to finihs off those few items left to get along with trying to convince ppl to take me to bot/bwd lol. I will contact some one as soon as my gear is sorted. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Xpsr
Officer
Xpsr

PostSubject: Re: Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED]   Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Im late in replying but just wanted to say that I was very impressed by the application and if you wish I can invite you just now if you wish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED]   Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaiton Arcane Mage Application [ACCEPTED]
Page 1 of 1