Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mage applying

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dathr

Mage applying Empty
PostSubject: Mage applying   Mage applying I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi
Name: Flavius
Ventrilo: I have it.
Working Mic: That too.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a student, I like games, traveling, mountains, sports, arts, movies.

How do you handle constructive criticism?
If it is constructive not destructive.

What motivates you to do well in this game?
I guess my nature, I like to be very good and like achievments very much.

Do you have any friends in Logistics? If not, is there anyone outside the guild that could vouch for you?
I have dome some pugs with Doodelz and Zeedorf, and some others.

Are you able to make our raid times each night? We require high attendance to accommodate our short schedule.
Yes.

Tell us a joke. Any joke!
Haha ... a joke... A woman had no money and had to take a cab ride to another city to get home. She tells a cab driver and he replies that they'l work it out on the road. Later he stops the car in a field and lays down a blancket. She tells him she can't, because she's married and has children, and he says that he also is married and has kids and that doesnt matter and that he also has 3 rabbits to feed, and tells her to start picking up the grass. (guess it sounds better in my language)

My character is pretty cool.
Name: Dathr
Class: Mage
Server: Sunstrider
Armory:

Please be certain you log out in your desired RAIDING spec and in PvE gear. If you do not have a recent parse available, we will likely ask additional questions.

Why are you parting ways with your current guild?
No more members and raids.

General Questions
What stats do you prioritize? Why?
Hit, intelect, spellpower, crit, haste. Why? It's obvious.

What Glyphs are you currently using and why?
They are on the armory, don't think I need to reason my choiches...

Why did you choose your current Gems and Enchants?
Same as above.

What are your professions? Why?
Tailoring, Enchanting.

What consumables do you use? Why? Please include food, flasks and potions.
Fish Feasts and spell power flasks.

Tell us about your ability rotation or priority.
U'r kidding.

What's your previous raid experience?
Most of Wrath and BC.

What's your favorite raid encounter in all of WoW? Why?
Hmm there are many ... in ulduar I like general, I also like sarth 3d, and onyxia.

What do you feel is your greatest asset as a raider? In other words, why should we recruit you instead of this other guy over here.
Well I learn new mechanics fast, I try to improve myself all the time.

Any additional information you'd like us to know?
Not sure what I could say here, just hope u consider this apply. Peace
Back to top Go down
Dathr

Mage applying Empty
PostSubject: armory didn't show   Mage applying I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Back to top Go down
rushidoodle

Mage applying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage applying   Mage applying I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Hey Mate,

All looks pretty good to me, only thing that confuses me a little bit are some of your gem choices (mp5 gem - helm / sp/int gem and +10 stats)

I suggest regemming a bit but I would be more than happy to offer you a trial spot... Smile

gimme a /w in game
Back to top Go down
Futton

Futton

Mage applying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage applying   Mage applying I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:27 pm

You seem fairly geared and you definately have a lot of experience, but some of your gearing choices confuse me. You don't appear to use a CSD meta which would be quite beneficial to you, although the slight int to SP scaling of the arcane tree leads me to realise what you're trying to do there - though statistically, I still believe the CSD is substantially better. I haven't checked this out since 3.2.2 Arcane buffs but with no changes to the intellect or critical strike rating scaling I can only presume it's all the same, if not moreso as CSD would add a percentage-based bonus to your (now larger) crits than your current gem's flat SP bonus (well, slight scaling with int, but I wouldn't really call that scaling).

Gemming 10stats may seem like a nice investment but what can you honestly say you get from this? In terms of DPS, 1.725 spellpower from the intellect and 5.5 critical strike rating from the spirit. To add that the only other real bonus is a 100 health increase, that may be nice to have, but can you honestly say it's worth losing the 10.275 spellpower you would get from gemming 12sp/10spi instead? I mean, personally, I wouldn't have gone for the socketbonus at all there, but if you really had to - I just don't see the logic in your choice.

You're also gemming SP/int, pure int, and pure crit to match yellow sockets. With haste being 61% of the DPS increase of even spellpower (prebuff), and almost double the value of crit (crit being 52% as valuable as haste), there's no reason not to gem every yellow socket with SP/Haste. I'd also prefer to see a 50sp/20spi to 50sp/30stam on legs for the extra 11 crit, but if you feel the 300 health is a viable choice (which would be a fair call if you're raiding hardmoes such as firefighter or grand crusader valks - however I assume you aren't), then I guess I can accept that.

Also, your hit is WAY beyond what is needed as Arcane [8% Softcap, 11% Independant Cap compared to your 13.72%]. Because you have such high hit, have you ever played, or considered playing, fire? I think your gear suits it a lot better and I think you'd perform better playing as fire (obviously I'm looking at TTW/FB 18.53.0 here). What would you think of that? Oh, and if you are intent on playing Arcane, I would prefer you to drop your points in slow and prismatic cloak for at least 2/3 SoM (you could go ahead and take a point out of MA if you're comfortable losing the 3yd range, but that choice really is playstyle - I'd still like to see you pick up at least 2/3 SoM) because... well, slow is almost useless and prismatic cloak is a bit too PvPish of a talent to merit losing [553*0.08=44.24(*0.55=)] 24.332 crit (subject to increase with gear) over :]

Anyway, I'm blabbering on too much. I see good potential here, and I am willing to offer you a trial spot depending on how you respond to this #
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mage applying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mage applying   Mage applying I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mage applying
Page 1 of 1