Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zantal

Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED] Empty
PostSubject: Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED]   Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:00 pm

About You
Name: Dave
Ventrilo: Y
Working Mic: N

Tell us a little about yourself.
Well I've played wow for a number of years now and have too many alts Smile tho I've not played any since starting to raid with my pala. Outside of WoW my main interests are Football, Boxing (spectating only, hard to explain random bruises and things to your boss on a monday morning Razz) and ten pin bowling. I like to have a laugh and not take things too seriously but I do focus when reqd lol.

How do you handle constructive criticism?
2nd opinions are always welcome, at the very least it's something to think about and if I am doing something wrong I prefer to be told so I don't keep doing it

What motivates you to do well in this game?
To see endgame content and to kill new things

Do you have any friends in Logistics? If not, is there anyone outside the guild that could vouch for you?
Unfortunately not however my irl friend Mizgral (Mage) is also applying to the guild

Are you able to make our raid times each night? We require high attendance to accommodate our short schedule.
I'm online most nights anyway but the 3 days mentioned are pretty much perfect

Tell us a joke. Any joke!
Hmm, I know of a few walking, talking jokes running round the server atm but naming and shaming is bad Smile

About Your Character
Name: Zantal
Class: Paladin (Retribution)
Server: Sunstrider
Armory: Will be replacing my Mirror of truth trinket with the 90 strength Darkmoon faire trinket this week

Please be certain you log out in your desired RAIDING spec and in PvE gear. If you do not have a recent parse available, we will likely ask additional questions.

Why are you parting ways with your current guild?
The leaders decided to disband the guild as we had too many members who refused to turn up unless they were guaranteed loot and quite a few others who would sign up but not show

General Questions
What stats do you prioritize? Why?
Hit Rating first and foremost if I've slipped below the cap, Over it atm so trying to shed a little
Strength - More AP so I hit harder and benefits from the Divine Strength talent (+15% Strength)
Crit Rating - Just an added bonus really, dont gem or enchant for it
Haste Rating - Same as crit just slightly less

What Glyphs are you currently using and why?
Glyph of Seal of Rightousness: 10% SoR damage - Makes SoR a nice alternative for shorter fights ie HCs and Trash or boss fights that require a lot of target switching (does more damage than SoCor in these situations due to the ramp up time of SoCor)
Glyph of Judgement: 10% Judgement Damage - Nice boost to a main attack
Glyph of Exorcism: 20% more Exorcism Damage - Large boost to another (nromally) instant attack
minor Glyph of Sense undead: 1% extra damage when Sense undead is active - A small boost but every little helps
minor Glyph of BoM: Increases standard BoM duration on self by 20mins - Handy for saving reagents or overwriting wisdom
minor Glyph of Lay on Hands: Reduces LoH CD by 5 mins - Just a filler glyph really but is useful now and again

Why did you choose your current Gems and Enchants?
Stacking strength for Pala is the best way to go, lots of AP and much more beneficial than gemming crit or haste which come with gear neway. Strength is also much nicer as the Divine Strength talent boosts it by +15%

What are your professions? Why?
Blacksmithing/Mining - For the extra sockets to Gloves and bracers and the Belt upgrade. Also to craft some gear once i get it high enough

What consumables do you use? Why? Please include food, flasks and potions.
I use the Flask of Endless Rage for the 180 AP boost
Food buffs i use the Dragonfin filet to further stack extra strength as mentioned above

Tell us about your ability rotation or priority.
I start with Judgement running in as its ranged
Crusader Strike
Divine Storm
Exorcism (When art of war is procced making this instant cast)
Consecrate (When All others are on CD)

What's your previous raid experience?
Before wrath Id cleared MC, Done half of BWL, cleared AQ20, done 3/4 bosses in AQ40, Cleared ZG, Cleared Karazahn, Cleared Gruul's lair, Cleared Magtheridon's lair, 2 bosses in SSC, 3 bosses in TK (this was on a diff char, re-rolled for wrath and switched server with a friend)

In wrath I've Cleared naxx 10, VoA 10 and 25 man, OS10 with 1 drake up, 7/14 ulduar 10, all HCs, EoE 10

What's your favorite raid encounter in all of WoW? Why?
Quite like the Flame leviathan encounter as its that little bit different and a lot of fun Smile

What do you feel is your greatest asset as a raider? In other words, why should we recruit you instead of this other guy over here.
I have a lot of patience and don't just expect to walk in and kill things without puttin in the work beforehand ie consumables, reading fight guides and being prepped for Wipes as its all part of raiding.

Any additional information you'd like us to know?
Nothing else to add really, just hope to hear from you soon and if not, GL with continued progress Smile
Back to top Go down
Zantal

PostSubject: Re: Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED]   Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Fantasize

Fantasize

PostSubject: Re: Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED]   Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Hey Dave,

Congratulations on a very good application. You have experience, stat/class knowledge and you seem like you have the perfect attitude for our guild. We have no Retri's currently in our Raid Team so you would be a welcome member!

I wont confirm your invite as I'm currently out of game, hacked, but I'll wish you the best of luck and I'm sure I'll see you soon in-game because from what I have read, you are a perfect candidate, I just hope you can match it with outstanding DPS.

Good luck,
Tom
Back to top Go down
kathina

kathina

PostSubject: Re: Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED]   Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi Dave,

Your application is 10/10, very impressed.

You seem like a very nice guy and I'm sure you'll fit in nicely with the guild.

Looking at your priorities, they're spot on for Retri.
Although, while raiding on boss fights, I would swap SoR for SoC and get the Glyph where you get +10 Expertise while SoC is up. Nonetheless, you still should be okey with SoR, I don't mind as its up to you which you use.

Other than that (which I'm not going to hold against you), I'm prepared to offer a trial. Seems like we just found our last Retri Paladin.

/w Me, Doodlesz, Futton or any other Classleader (listed in the sticky'd thread in this forum) for an invite.
Back to top Go down
rushidoodle

PostSubject: Re: Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED]   Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:39 pm

Hey mate,

great app, as I also put on Mizgrals app you seem to be a very experienced player that will fit in well in Logistics.

Best of luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED]   Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retri Pala App [ACCEPTED]
Page 1 of 1