Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Greyseer

A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED] Empty
PostSubject: A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED]   A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:04 pm

About You
Name: Christian Sjøgreen
Ventrilo: I will download the appropriate client for whichever version you're using.
Working Mic: Yes

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm currently studying at the Technical University of Denmark hoping to become an engineer in 3½ years tops. Also I have a part time job at IKEA. I'd like something more relevant to my studies (with a higher salary) but I have not been able to find anything yet Sad

How do you handle constructive criticism?
Being able to use constructive criticism to improve on your own performance is, in my opinion, a 'must' in a raid enviorment. I like it and I also like to hand it out Razz haha

What motivates you to do well in this game?
Perfect performance is my motivation. I play to have fun (obviously) and for me fun is when everything in a raid or group runs like a clockwork.

Do you have any friends in Logistics? If not, is there anyone outside the guild that could vouch for you?
Well. My main reason for applying to this guild is that I know Lothirra from the real world. You know.. that paladin.. selfproclaimed artist.. no? Well, he's in your guild somewhere.

Are you able to make our raid times each night? We require high attendance to accommodate our short schedule.
Wednesday and Sunday will be no problem. I often work Thursday nights though and will usually not be home before 22 at which point I can replace anyone who might have to leave early or whatever.

Tell us a joke. Any joke!
Slaughter! It can't be spelled without laugther...

Q: Two cats are on a roof. Which slides off first?
A: The one with the smaller μ

About Your Character
Name: Greyseer
Class: Mage
Server: Sunstrider
Armory:

Please be certain you log out in your desired RAIDING spec and in PvE gear. If you do not have a recent parse available, we will likely ask additional questions.

Why are you parting ways with your current guild?
I dont have a guild!

General Questions
What stats do you prioritize? Why?
1: Hit is my highest priority.
2: Spellpower - solid stat and BIG numbers lol.
3: Then spirit. You usually get to choose between items with sta/int/spi/haste/SP and sta/int/crit/hit/SP and it seems to me that I get more crit from the items with spirit as Arcane with Molten Armor glyph. It also gives regen which is nice when you're arcane.
4: Stamina. I put this on the list because I sometimes take dps downgrades or sidegrades to get more hp (My dps really sucks when I'm dead...)

What Glyphs are you currently using and why?
Glyph of Arcane Missiles - Works well with clearcast
Glyph of Arcane Blast - My usual rotation is AB, AB, AB and then ABarr or AM so I want the AB buff to get as big as possible.
Glyph of Molten Armor - I was a bit unsure about this one but now I see that it gives a whole lot of extra crit!

Why did you choose your current Gems and Enchants?
I try to get the best enchants and gems for my gear but sometimes you have to be reasonable. For instance I wont put epic gems in gear I think will be replaced shortly. I'm saving my gold for the good stuff!
My shoulder enchant is a cheap pvp enchant because I have been focusing on getting gear rather than Hodir rep. I will get to it eventually.

What are your professions? Why?
Tailoring - Cheap leg enchants (when I get to 400 lol)

What consumables do you use? Why? Please include food, flasks and potions.
For progress I would take a flask and some crit food probably. I dont really know yet.

Tell us about your ability rotation or priority.
As I said it's AB, AB, AB and then ABarr/AM usually. (Presence of Mind on 3rd AB)
If I'm running low on mana I change to AB, Abarr/AM.
I take my first mana gem charge as soon as possible (together with arcane torrent racial)
For aoe I usually go Flame Strike, Blizzard, PoM Flame Strike, Blizz, Blizz, Blizz...

What's your previous raid experience?
Strat10, Scholo10, UBRS10/15, MC, ZG, BWL, AQ20/40, Naxx, Kara, Gruul, Maggy, ZA (bear run), SSC, TK, BT, Naxx10/25, OS10/25 (2 drakes), VoA10/25, EoE10/25, Ulduar10 (not Algalon).
Most of it was done with my priest Sjogge.

What's your favorite raid encounter in all of WoW? Why?
Ragnaros is just cool but I guess Al'ar is my favorite because the phases are very unique and it's pretty random without being annoying.

What do you feel is your greatest asset as a raider? In other words, why should we recruit you instead of this other guy over here.
I'm experienced and patient. I will not allow myself to slack even if it's not important (like trash) since I believe it is wrong to let someone else do all the work when you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself. I can't remember when I last caused drama in a guild (and it's not just because I have a bad memory Razz). Finally I can read, write and speak english! (It's actually a big deal imo xP)

Any additional information you'd like us to know?
I don't have alot of experience as a mage which means I'm not really sure which specc is the best for me yet. Also I'd like to point out that I'm currently overcapped on hit. This is because I havn't been able to collect enough different gear to compensate for the 3% hit I get by being Arcane instead of Fire.
Back to top Go down
Greyseer

PostSubject: Re: A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED]   A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:08 pm

Something went wrong with the URL for my armory so here it is again:

----------------------------- CUT HERE ----------------------------------
eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&n=Greyseer
----------------------------- CUT HERE ----------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Futton

Futton

PostSubject: Re: A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED]   A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:49 pm

The app looks really impressive, and you clearly have a good knowledge of your class and spec (having played a mage in depth for the first 6 months or so of WotLK myself, I still have a keen intrest in the class and its mechanics - and I find everything you have said to be entirely agreeable).

I'm all for giving you a trial spot, because this is a really solid app.

I have no doubt you'll get in, but when you do, I'd like to see you work on an 8.5 chest (easily obtainable with badges) and getting that tailoring up for cloak/leg enchant, along with an enchant on your boots ^_^

As for consumables, if you're not sure, stock up Flask of the Frost Wyrm and Firecracker Salmon. Fish feasts are generally provided at raids, but having Firecracker Salmon is your best choice of backup if for some reason it's not.

Last edited by Futton on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stanza
Admin
Stanza

PostSubject: Re: A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED]   A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Hey Greyseer... thanks for your app.

I'm gonna butt right in here before Rushidoodle (Mage CL), since I was quite impressed by it... and we're in MASSIVE need of mages atm.

Just a couple things - replace the gear you haven't enchanted asap (since you mentioned you haven't enchanted them due to wanting to replace them).

Also, get the T8.5 chestpiece! I'm sure its better than that mp5 robe?

Aside from that, good app - definately willing to offer you a trial... whisper either myself or one fo the officers ingame for an invite Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elation2.omgforum.net
rushidoodle

PostSubject: Re: A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED]   A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:51 pm

All looks pretty good to me... I assume your working on the 8.5 chest (find it kinda odd how you got the neck and cape first ) cyclops each to their own I suppose hehe.

Be active and look forward to seeing you around Razz

feel free to message me in game < Rushidoodle >
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED]   A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A letter from the Grand Magician [ACCEPTED]
Page 1 of 1