Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rogue application

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Maliah

Rogue application Empty
PostSubject: Rogue application   Rogue application I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:20 pm

About You
Name: Menno
Ventrilo: yes
Working Mic: yes

Tell us a little about yourself.
Big wall of text inc.
This part of the application is going to cost a little bit more effort for me.
As it would be a waste to let this application turn out into an instant NO. Some of you perhaps know what
I am talking about, but some on the otherhand do not. Some people in Logistics happen to have some objections against me.
It's all regarding some naxx25 semiguildrun/pug a few weeks ago. I usually dont have the time and actually
dont believe in pugs oneshotting naxx25, so i love to join raids when they have already cleared parts.
It happened this time aswel, a guildie got me in, and it seemed a decent group for a pug, but to the point.
There were a few items of value for me that could drop in naxx, better daggers. This wasn't actually the idea of
the group since i'm a combat rogue who didnt require another dagger, but i wanted one badly for pvp.
I bumped into a problem here, because i didn't see what was right. If you can't even get the items you need for pvp
in a pug, when can you? So i did something cheap, and they are totally right there, i equiped a bad dagger.
I did not win the dagger or anything, but they ofcourse noticed it, and started flaming me. They did have a point,
but it was a little shallow aswel in my oppinion. Since i didnt even get the chance to say anything, or exlain my reasons.
This happened at Sapp, and it continued till after we killed Kell'thuzad. One person, i believe it was redprincess,
did pm me, and i told her the same story. But the others were to busy flaming me at that point.
I'm not sure who i offended, but it keeps happening still, regarding logistic runs tho. And i totally see why you're
disliking me, but im not that evil! that i would need such an item for the 10g i can get from it.
I do also understand my position here, but i have some friends in here aswel, and the guild seemed nice.
So i it is worth the effort trying to explain myself and apologise.

Apart from that.
I am Menno ^^, 17 year old and living in holland. Still going to school, going to work,
have my share of hobby's, and one of them is ofcourse, wow!
A man of many words, and always up for something fun.

How do you handle constructive criticism?
Constructive criticism is always welcome, since im always trying to improve

What motivates you to do well in this game?
It must be challenging to be fun, so progress and doing well is important for me

Do you have any friends in Logistics? If not, is there anyone outside the guild that could vouch for you?
Tanalyr and Kathina would be my friends ^^

Are you able to make our raid times each night? We require high attendance to accommodate our short schedule.
im only occupied on tuesday and saturday, so i can be there

Tell us a joke. Any joke!
Two fish in a tank.
One turns to the other and says “Do you know how to drive this?”

About Your Character
Name: Maliah
Class: Rogue
Server: Sunstrider
Armory:

Please be certain you log out in your desired RAIDING spec and in PvE gear. If you do not have a recent parse available, we will likely ask additional questions.

Why are you parting ways with your current guild?
Moral decay is a great guild, and i'm currently in it as social status.
But as i wanted to get more involved with raiding, i decided not to apply there, but to leave.
It has quite alot of active raiders already, and a nice share of good rogues. they also have ulduar25 on farm
the same with toc25, but it actually seemed fun to me to make progress there. so ye, thats why im here ^^

General Questions
What stats do you prioritize? Why?
Agility, as it is AP and crit, and crit affects the t8 4set bonus.
Agility is also affected by Blessing of kings, where AP is not.

What Glyphs are you currently using and why?
Glyph of sinisterstrike for faster combo point generation
Glyph of slice and dice, to keep it up more easily (could replace with rupture)
Glyph of killingspree, to reduce the cooldown

Why did you choose your current Gems and Enchants?
because they were the best i could get ^^

What are your professions? Why?
currently working on Engineering and Jewelcrafting for the extra's.
(mainly for pvp tho, rocketgloves, better gems, etc)

What consumables do you use? Why? Please include food, flasks and potions.
Flasks of the endless rage and fish feasts mainly.

Tell us about your ability rotation or priority.
It is to basicly keep rupture and slice and dice up at all time.
then im trying to throw in some eviscerates between, but to never let the other 2 drop.
And ofcourse using cooldowns in a smart way, wich matters alot if you look at your dps.

What's your previous raid experience?
Basicly everything except ulduar25, I have also done some Ulduar10 hardmodes.

What's your favorite raid encounter in all of WoW? Why?
The third encounter in Toc!! nah just kiddin, i dont have a clue tho.

What do you feel is your greatest asset as a raider? In other words, why should we recruit you instead of this other guy over here.
I do like helping out on tactics, and putting a little effort in the try's.
I can entertain you all during the raids by singing on ventrillo, but i'd rather not ^^.
And my dps is pretty decent in my oppinion. And i'm stubborn, so giving up is something i dont know.

Any additional information you'd like us to know?
How pretty my rogue may seem, im still not a chick! stop flirting Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Maliah

Rogue application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue application   Rogue application I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:21 pm

Armory :
Back to top Go down
Fantasize

Fantasize

Rogue application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue application   Rogue application I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:04 pm

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&n=Maliah

Hello Maliah,
I was indeed in that pug and witnessed the whole incident, next time just level with us, we will be more than accommodating!

As to your application, fantastic. It is always easy to spot when someone has made the effort, and you clearly have. I for one am more than happy to leave the problem in the past and continue forward, I am certain that the other officers will feel the same.

I will leave it to Deen who is currently Class Leading rogues to review your gear, spec and class knowledge but everything seems good to me.

Gear and everything aside, we do have a fairly large number of rogues at the moment so raid spots may be tight, however if you make the effort gear and strategy-wise we will always do our best to get you in.

Anyhow, good luck and it is a thumbs up from me for a trial spot.

Tom
Warrior Class Leader

p.s.
Honesty is a virtue bro! Wink
Back to top Go down
kathina

kathina

Rogue application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue application   Rogue application I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:30 pm

Awsome application, plenty of effort shown here. Ive known Maliah since I was level 28 or something, anyway I want to offer a trial spot also.

Good DPS, knows tactics and is expirenced. Would make a great addition to the guild, and I think we should leave what happened in the past in the past, and overlook that incident.

Jono Smile

P.S Jamie, you can fuck yourself if you try to decline. I will send a cake to rape you if you even think of declining. Fatty.
Back to top Go down
Stanza
Admin
Stanza

Rogue application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue application   Rogue application I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:32 pm

Hey, thanks for your app - was a good read.

Yeah, about the Naxx run, good to hear your side of the story, and as it goes... i'm not too fussed really, Naxx is srs business fo' sho. Granted, maybe you shouldn't have been so sly about it, but it's no biggie. The way some of my members kicked off about it was unacceptable too. So I say we just forget about that whole incident.

With that put aside, your gear is gemmed/enchanted properly and is up to our current level of raiding. You seem to know your rotation, and your experience is near enough spot on with our level at the moment.

We ARE quite packed on rogues atm, however one rogue recently failed his trial, so I can fit in one more rogue. Hopefully you'll stay true to your word of being able to attend all our raids! So i'm willing to offer you a trial spot, don't let me down.

Contact either myself or one of the officers ingame for an invite.
Back to top Go down
http://elation2.omgforum.net
Radzi
Admin
Radzi

Rogue application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue application   Rogue application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Quote :
One person, i believe it was redprincess,
did pm me, and i told her the same story

i lol'd
Back to top Go down
Shafraya

Shafraya

Rogue application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue application   Rogue application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:32 pm

Radz wrote:
Quote :
One person, i believe it was redprincess,
did pm me, and i told her the same story

i lol'd

Same lolololol
Back to top Go down
Maliah

Rogue application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue application   Rogue application I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:49 am

Hello folks, I really appreiciate the trial spot you've given me. Unfortunatly, i wont be able to help out these
coming one or perhaps even two weeks. Some real life issues got in the way and because of this i wont be able to play.
I really feel bummed to let you guys down already, and because i really wanted to be there.
I would appreiciate it if someone could also tell this to Tanalyr, as he is my arena partner.
I'm hoping ill be able to get back in a week, but it could take a little longer. I'd love to show you what im worth
when i return, but patience is a virtue, so it is your call.
Regards, Maliah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rogue application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue application   Rogue application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue application
Page 1 of 1